Dnr has only 10 millions coin in total supply. I think if we will get a hight price in future like dash over than 50 usd .  Maybe 1000 coin per M.N. is enough. And i think its good. It will need the price to go up fast. And it will be hard and expensive in future. Like dash coin now. What our opinion  ?

Edited by Zidan imran

Here is a small graphic that might help you guys decide on which numbers you like. This chart is correct (I hope xD), assuming that every block is a PoW block and that block reward is 3 (it will change to 4 soonish) and that masternodes gets 1/3rd of block reward and that price stays at $0.8 which it most likely will not AND that Carsen does not run any masternodes or put any of his premine into circulation.

Let me know if you find any flaws in this and I will correct them.

masternode_calculations.png

Yes, I realize that the last line says that 101.33% of supply will be locked in masternondes but I included it because we are pretty close to 1,650,000 circulating supply. 

Edited by KawaiiCrypto
Clarifications
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, ICanHazCrypto said:

so lets say that it doesn't take 5k dnr to make a MN, would it be too difficult to run a vps and multiple wallets to host multiple masternodes? how would that work, would you need multiple vps as well?

Each masternode needs a unique, public IP address, but many VPS providers allows for configuration of multiple IPs to a single VPS, for a fee. 

Yeah i agree, i would like to see it being hard to obtain a node for everyday folks, you would want it just high enough that you have serious investors involved that won't dump as soon as they see profit.

I am personally for anywhere from 3,000 - 5,000 

I don't want to see it too high as well, where over 65% of the coins are locked up, we need some liquidity as well.

I ment as Jan 14th... But again (don't take my word on this it might be sooner) this was just picked up from random comments on gitter chat the other day.
Denarius will be 6months old then, and that would be a wonderful time to have it launched. However we will have to find out from the dev when he wants to release that info. :)

No date from the dev, he has the masternode code done, he is just working on getting it implemented in the core DNR code.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ICanHazCrypto said:

Yeah i agree, i would like to see it being hard to obtain a node for everyday folks, you would want it just high enough that you have serious investors involved that won't dump as soon as they see profit.

I am personally for anywhere from 3,000 - 5,000 

I don't want to see it too high as well, where over 65% of the coins are locked up, we need some liquidity as well.

I am in that same ballpark of how much it would be. I think realistically there will be 100-200 MN's in the short term depending on how easy they are to setup.

BTW I am running other coin nodes on $22/year VPS's with 1 GB ram. 1 per VPS as I wasn't sure how much ram is required and couldn't get the swapfile to work on these lowendtalk specials.

• Like 1

• Ghost changed the title to D MASTERNODES