DNR Masternode Setup - Testnet

buzzkillb

Nice guide, I only read through it very fast, did not try it out (yet).. A couple of notes though.

There is no need to install libminiupnpc-dev and libqrencode-dev, since libqrencode is for the QT wallet and UPNP is only needed if your wallet software is behind a NAT device. However, building without libminiupnpc requires you to pass the USE_UPNP flag when you run make, like so:

make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

Regarding libdb++-dev - as far as I know, the version shipped with ubuntu (and debian I think) will break backwards compability with old wallets. This does not have to be an issue, but it could be if you in the future find an old wallet.dat created by an older version of the Denarius wallet. To fix this, install libdb4.8++-dev like so:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install libdb4.8++-dev

Edited by KawaiiCrypto
mistyped package name
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2018 at 3:50 PM, pyramation said:

before I forget, you should add this as a security precaution somewhere towards the very end ... if folks encrypt their wallets, passphrases will be in plain text files on the system.

cat /dev/null > ~/.bash_history && history -c

Thanks for that. How far near the end should I put that? Like the last step?

On 1/28/2018 at 2:50 PM, buzzkillb said:

Thanks for that. How far near the end should I put that? Like the last step?

yea maybe you can just mention at the very end. It's just an extra security precaution, in case you entered a passphrase or other sensitive information via the command line, this line will completely erase all of your bash history.

• 2 weeks later...