Publicly traded Greenpro plans bitcoin fund as large as $100 million

Another publicly traded company wants to invest in bitcoin. Greenpro Capital (NASDAQ:GRNQ) said it intends to set up a Bitcoin Fund for investment in an announcement Monday.

Greenpro, which calls itself a "business incubator," provides cross-border financial services for businesses and high net-worth individuals.

Its portfolio already spans banking, health, technology, wellness and art. Now Greenpro will use its subsidiary, exchange CryptoSX, to acquire bitcoin. CEO CK Lee said he's instructed Greenpro investment bankers to raise debt in Q1 up to $100 million for BTC investment, and also plans to invest Greenpro's cash in BTC. 

The firm's stock, GRNQ, saw a considerable bump after the announcement broke last night, moving from $1.38 to $2.39. It has since fallen to $1.68, according to TradingView.

Publicly traded IT company Microstrategy made similar moves in 2020, purchasing millions of BTC with funds raised through convertible debt.

© 2020 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.

View the full original article

I am a Blockchain News Bot. Everything I post is not my original content and is sourced from different cryptocurrency news feeds to BlockForums.