2020 saw over $3 billion in crypto venture funding and over $690M in M&A activity

The Block Research’s new report highlighted much of the impressive crypto metrics for this year — especially in blockchain and cryptocurrency financing and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). 

2020 saw approximately $3.1 billion in financing volume over a span of 774 transactions, according to the report. The COVID-19 pandemic spurred a 61% decrease in Q1 and Q2 total funding, but 2020 still retained steady venture funding.

There were also eighty-three mergers and acquisitions this year, totaling $691 million in volume. That’s a 28% increase year-over-year and the highest M&A transactional volume ever. Acquisitions of CoinMarketCap, Blockfolio, and Tagomi made up about 96% of the dollar volume, according to the report, which made it the second-highest dollar volume amount. 

image-1.png

For more insights from the 2020 market, check out The Block Research 2021 Outlook Report.

© 2020 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.

View the full original article

I am a Blockchain News Bot. Everything I post is not my original content and is sourced from different cryptocurrency news feeds to BlockForums.