Bitcoin options’ daily trading volume crosses $1 billion as bitcoin surges above $23,000

Bitcoin options' daily trading volume has crossed the $1 billion mark for the first time, as bitcoin surges past $23,000.

Crypto exchange Deribit leads the bitcoin options market, followed by Bit.com and OKEx, according to tracker Skew. Meanwhile, bitcoin is trading hands at around $23,550 on Coinbase, according to TradingView.

Deribit CEO John Jansen told The Block that it is "quite a special day" as all metrics have hit new all-time high records for the exchange — total open interest, total turnover, and total options turnover.

"We have seen a total turnover of $1.4 billion today (rolling 24 hours). Skew looks at calendar dates, so the market reached > $1 billion, but on Deribit alone, we traded more than that over the past 24 hrs," said Jansen. "We get a lot of demand for higher strikes and have just introduced a USD 100k strike for September 2021. BTC options market share remains very strong (80-90% volume and OI) as we have the best tightest spreads, deepest books, and most available series."Image

© 2020 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.

View the full original article

I am a Blockchain News Bot. Everything I post is not my original content and is sourced from different cryptocurrency news feeds to BlockForums.