Multi GPU Mining

jtmining17

I have a question about using multiple gpus for mining. I just purchased a second gpu for my mining rig and the hash rate seems to have dropped...

My single gpu would pull about 39mhash but now that I have two gpus in my rig they both only pull about 35 mhash each. Anyone else ever expirence this and is there a way to increase it back up? I haven't changed any settings so it shouldnt have dropped in theory...

They're both msi 1060gtx 6gb oc editions... have the power set at 80% and the core clock at +200. Brings the miner back to stock hashrates but at 30w less power and is stable at intensity level 20 (will mine at 21 but with some stability issues).

of course right now there is a huge undersupply in cards and the cards you do find are 2-3x the price they were 3 months ago.

i'm not sure I have never had that issue. does it reset your clocks when you start mining? if so I would say it is a driver issue. If not one is probably Samsung memory and the other one is Hynix, I don't recall memory affecting power draws though just how well they clock. I really wanted to do a 1060 build, but same issue I couldn't find any for a decent price.

I use MSI Afterburner for the overclock, it boots up when the computer starts. So it stays at those settings at any point except at a driver crash. The Samsung/Hynix VRAM doesn't make a difference in mining DNR as it isn't memory intensive.

I like the 1060, it's a great mid/high end card just wish I had purchased more while they were still affordable.