FortunaStake? Masternode? Pls hlp thx!

noncepockets

I've searched the forum but I can only find instructions about FortunaStake - is this a separate thing to a masternode or is it just a rebranded masternode?

I'm interested in setting some sort of masternode thing up - which are the most recent and relevant instructions for setting up on Ubuntu 18.04?

I have access to a VPS but I'm getting confused as to what's what and where's that go.

Any and all advice will be appreciated!

Thx m8s

• Like 2

Yeah a Fortunastake is  like  a rebranded Masternode. You need 5000D to run one. If you have the collateral then Follow these instructions

in this Tutorial here..Its for ubuntu 16.04 but has links to help you if you have 18.04

There is also a script that Buzzkill created with a menu That is more straighforward. Look First in the tutorial above how to configure the fortunastake.conf in the qt wallet.

Menu version. Choose Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, or update to latest daemon.

bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/buzzkillb/d-fortunastake/master/fs.sh)"

Good Luck.If you are stuck somewhere feel free to Join our Discord Server https://discord.gg/z5yurUQ

where you can find me and others that can help with any issue you have

• Like 3

@manosv @buzzkillb

Sorry to bother you guys, I have a question.  I've set up a FortunaStake with a separate (cold) wallet - the wallet says it has 5000D locked but also that 5000D is available for staking.  Am I allowed to unlock that wallet for staking, or do I have to leave it locked and untouched in order to qualify as a masternode?

Thanks again for your help!

• Like 2

put these options in the denarius.conf file and restart the qt wallet

staking=1
fsconflock=1

This will enable two things.Obviously the first enables the staking and the second locks the collateral so it wont stake.So you will be able to unlock and stake the earnings without breaking the collateral.Enjoy and welcome to our Community.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, noncepockets said:

@manosv @buzzkillb

Sorry to bother you guys, I have a question.  I've set up a FortunaStake with a separate (cold) wallet - the wallet says it has 5000D locked but also that 5000D is available for staking.  Am I allowed to unlock that wallet for staking, or do I have to leave it locked and untouched in order to qualify as a masternode?

Thanks again for your help!

Use those lines above in your denarius.conf file. fsconflock=1 forces the 5000 to not be touched to allow the fortunastake continue running. staking=1 tells the wallet to stake. Default is 1, but just as well put this. When you get a FS reward, it will go into your collateral wallet address. Say 5001 D after you get your first reward. That 1 D will now sit there for 8 hours and then be ready to stake. What I am seeing recently is it takes about 4-5 days to stake around 12 D, so try to leave the wallet open when you can as staking helps secure the blockchain.

Ask whatever questions you still have.

• Like 1