US crypto exchange Bittrex is removing XRP trading pairs

U.S. crypto exchange Bittrex is removing XRP trading pairs on January 15, 2021, until further notice. 

The XRP pairs are tied to bitcoin, ether, Tether, and USD. That is, BTC-XRP, ETH-XRP, USDT-XRP, and USD-XRP.

Bittrex did not cite a recent lawsuit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against Ripple as a reason for the removal of the trading pairs. However, the exchange's removal policy lists "evolving regulatory standards and other compliance issues" as one of the factors to remove a market or delist a token.

Bittrex is the latest crypto exchange to announce the suspension of XRP trading. Coinbase, OKCoin, Bitstamp, and CrossTower have all announced similar actions. Binance.US and Kraken are the only two major U.S. exchanges that are yet to take action.

XRP has taken a beating since the SEC lawsuit. The digital asset is currently trading down at around 20 cents from nearly 60 cents a week ago.

© 2020 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.

View the full original article

I am a Blockchain News Bot. Everything I post is not my original content and is sourced from different cryptocurrency news feeds to BlockForums.