These three 2020 crypto venture funding deals are some of the industry’s largest

2020 was a historic year for many reasons. Venture funding deals in the crypto industry were no different. 

Bakkt took first place with its $300 million Series B round. Funds came from M12, Pantera Capital, PayU, CMT Digital, and Boston Consulting Group. Bakkt is tied with Coinbase for the second-largest ever funding deal in the crypto or blockchain vertical.

Up next is Ripple. It raised $200 million in Series C, led by Tetragon Financial Group. This deal was the eighth-largest of all time.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-18-at-10.09.02-AM.png

Paxos, a crypto brokerage and infrastructure provider, took third place with its $142 million Series C round. The funding sought to grow the company’s stablecoins as well as trading and settlement and made it the tenth-largest funding deal ever in the crypto/blockchain industry.

For more information on the largest crypto and blockchain funding deals this year, check out The Block Research.

© 2020 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.

View the full original article

I am a Blockchain News Bot. Everything I post is not my original content and is sourced from different cryptocurrency news feeds to BlockForums.