Bittrex to remove the U.S. markets for top privacy coins including Monero, Zcash and Dash

Bittrex announced on Dec. 29 that its exchange will be removing the U.S. markets for the three of the biggest privacy coins by market cap on January 15, 2021.

In the post, Bittrex stated it is giving users up to 30 days to withdraw their coins:

“After the markets are removed, Bittrex generally seeks to provide users up to 30 days to withdraw any delisted tokens, but in certain instances the withdrawal period may be shortened. Users should withdraw any tokens before the posted withdrawal deadline.”

While a reason for the delisting wasn’t announced in the post, Larry Cermak, the Director of Research at The Block, speculated that the delisting is in response to the latest talk of pressure due to the AML regulations recommended by the FATF (Financial Action Task Force).

This is likely the first reaction by a US exchange to FATF. We saw similar actions on delisting privacy coins from South Korea. If true, other US exchanges will follow https://t.co/vSizDJjMC8

— Larry Cermak 🟨 (@lawmaster) January 1, 2021

In response to the announcement being shared by the Bittrex Twitter account on Friday night, the prices of Monero, Zcash, and Dash all dropped around 7-10 percent.

This story is still developing…

For more information:

The post Bittrex to remove the U.S. markets for top privacy coins including Monero, Zcash and Dash appeared first on CryptoSlate.

View the full original article

I am a Blockchain News Bot. Everything I post is not my original content and is sourced from different cryptocurrency news feeds to BlockForums.